ATMs were going to vomit money? Credit cards were suppose to cancel and clear all debt? Well, my friends and I figured that we would go out in style.
Vegas Style.
The plan was successful, that is, until I landed myself in the Clark County jail.
I was busted for crossing some barricades. (Phony thrumped up charges, if you ask me.) We were on the famous strip. The street had been closed down, to handle the plethora of drunk people. My friends were on one side of the street, and I was on the other. The PoPo had just closed down the street, and were herding people back into the hotels. I figured that with my cat-like-reflexes, I could climb the barricades, cross the street, and join my friends before any of the PoPo would see me.
Genius, pure genius.
Did I mention that I was drunker than drunk?
Did I mention that I was wearing a blue wig??
So, I scramble up the barricade, wearing a mini skirt, fall over the other side in a heap of blue wig. I get to my feet, and swagger across the street. I'm almost there, and my friends start to hoot and holla', calling attention to my lawbreakin'. I'm almost there, when I get clotheslined by a female cop. I'm thinking that I can still get away, (natch) so I start to wrestle her to the ground. (Not a good idea, BTW) We roll around a bit, then some more officers head over to help. I lost count after four of Nevada's finest joined us.
I get arrested for public intoxication, resisting arrest, and destroying public property. (all the charges except the public intoxication get dropped) They should have added public indecency because by this time my skirt was around my neck. I paid a fine about $200 and that's about it. But, yeah, I would pay anything to see that mugshot. I'm guessing it looks something like this:

Just smear the lipstick, make the mascara run, and askew the wig some. Maybe add some dried snot on my face.
Happy New Years!

FUNNY! Loved this New Year's story!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! AWESOME!!!
ReplyDelete