I went an a all girls weekend to San Fransisco with my two crazy sisters. We drove up from Southern California (for 10 hours, in the worlds smallest car.) for three days of freedom. We were headed up mostly to attend a book signing for one of our favorite authors. (Jen Lancaster, natch) The weekend was full of fun and laughs. (I'll have to share more stories about it, I promise)
While shopping in China Town, I bought my girls some beautiful embroidered slippers, some plastic numchucks (because, really, what child does not want an ancient implement of death??) and those little hand drums windmills (like in the Karate Kid2). For my husband, I bought him some black slippers because he already has everything.
When I got home, I gave the girls their gifts. They were so excited that they ran around the house chasing each other with their weapons. (I should have taken a pic for the annual xmas card.) When it was my husband turn to open his gift, I could tell he was disappointed. Who knew that he would be my biggest child of all?
I think fast.
"Oh, you don't like the authentic ancient ninja shoes??"
Suddenly, he loves them. He wears them every chance he gets. I watch him as he checks himself out in the mirror, while wearing them, practicing with the plastic numchucks.
I guess it's just comes down to how you explain things, right?
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment