Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools #503

I LOVE April Fool's day. I enjoy a good laugh, and most of the people I know have a really good sense of humor. Usually the target of my pranks is my poor husband.

A few years ago, I happen to be at my dollar store, when I saw a ridiculous huge pair of lacy underwear. They were apparently make to fit a baby elephant. For $1, I couldn't pass them up.
The night before, I snuck out of my house right after dark. Using some ribbon, I tied the ribbon to both sides of the jumbo panties. I tied it underneath my husband's car. They hung underneath his car bumper like some hedonistic country flag. The only problem was that they were too noticeable! I was worried that he may go to the trunk of his car for something, and immediately see the panties of doom. So, I crawled underneath the car, and lightly shoved the panties under his bumper. Just enough for them not to be seen, but enough that some time on the road would pop them out like some type of sick Jack-in-the-box.
The next morning, I was giddy. I tried to compose myself as much as possible. He left in a hurry, so I knew that he would be preoccupied. The best part of all? It was his day to drive the carpool to work!
Around lunchtime, I couldn't wait any longer. I called him at work. He doesn't mention it at all, no matter how many hints I drop. Finally, I can't take it any more, and ask how his drive was this morning. That's when I heard him pause, mid sentence.

"It was you!"

I started laughing. Turns out that the guys noticed it once they pulled into their work parking lot. It had been flapping in the breeze behind his car for 26 miles! My husband immediately suspected that it was a prank by his brother! (Double points for my prank getting blamed on someone else, BTW) His brother is a single guy, so no one was willing to actually touch the panties since they didn't know exactly where they were before being tied to the car. (Ewwwww......) One of his coworkers found a long stick in the lot, and they used that to bat at the pinata panties. Finally, they manage to separate them from the car.
Later that night, when the carpool came home, all the coworkers gave me a high five. They were still razzing my DH, so I just smiled sweetly and said, "wait till you see what I did to your car." (their cars were still parked on my street.) They all got serious and walked to their cars.

Triple bonus points because they each crawled underneath their cars just to find......... nothing.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO, that was a good one. You have to post on this blog more often. It's ALWAYS entertaining.

    ReplyDelete